Some have said that I am part boy (minus the woman factor), but I wouldn't consider myself a "tomboy".
I tend to have longer, faster growing hair than most girls. I burp and laugh when others burp. I often play around with my brothers in the same little boy ways they do. Half the time I do not take the time to fix up my hair. I can go a few days without showering and not notice any difference. If I have to leave for work at 7:25, I wake up at 7:00: five mintues of the snooze button, five mintues to dress and put hair up, ten mintues to eat, and the other five mintues to finish things up and get out to the car.
I guess you could say I am okay with me being this way; afterall, it's who I am, right?
But what about the other factors that I wish I had to make me more like a boy?
Boys don't have periods. Period.
Boys can lose weight way faster than girls can.
Maybe this is just my point of view, but it seems to me that girls have to put themselves out there more to be seen and noticed by a boy. Why can't it be the boys?
If a boy can sing, they are automatically a crowd favorite because they are a rarity; every girl can sing.
The worlds view is that all guys are stronger and more athletic- "You play ball like a girl!" is considered an insult.
Nonetheless, some days....
I wish I were a boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment