Saturday, October 20, 2012

Oh You Know... Famous Author #2

Janae, Tiana, and I spent an evening at the Provo Library to see and hear the famous author of two Newbery Awards speak about her life, her books, and promote her most recent book, Son.
This was a midpoint stop on her long book tour.


The only book I have read of hers, guilty as such, is The Giver.
I had no idea she had more books in the series, Gathering Blue, Messenger, and her brand new book Son.
When she first wrote The Giver, she did not plan for it to end up as part of a series.
Most of her books are stand alone books
such as Number the Stars, Gossamer, and A Summer to Die.
I have a new goal to read her new series starting by rereading The Giver.

Thanks Janae and Tiana for coming with me!!

1 comment: