Monday, March 31, 2014

Awesome Subject

Hey hey hey!  I am in Philadelphia today-- right now as I type I am in
Reading Terminal Market and I just finished a cheesesteak!  We have to
head to our next spot soon so sorry in advance if my email is a tad
short.  I made a list of a few of the highlights from this week so
that I don't forget.

First off....
.......we have fish again this week.....twice.  Why?  Both Sister
Davis and I have had fish more together this transfer then ever before
on the mission and maybe even our entire lives!!  Maybe The Lord is
trying to teach me something.  I know that he always is.
Hmmmm... I haven't barfed or died and it wasn't intolerable.  My
lesson could be that I am growing up---NOOOOOOOO!  It could also be
that fish aren't friends.  It could be that He created fish for
eating.  I don't know!

FHE with Manuela, her kids, and the Richards went...okay.  Our game of
Life with the plan of Salvation was a little too long for their short
attention spans.  Sister Davis and I played the game in like 10
minutes so we thought that it would be okay.  Guess not but that is
okay.  Then the kids went to play upstairs and we talked more with
Manuela.  She has so many questions and I love it!  She also trusts us
with her questions which is also excellent and very vital.  A coworker
told her to beware because we can have multiple wives.  Right away,
first question she asked us when we got to the Richard's house was
that because it confused her and caused a nightmare.  I love that she
asked us.  I wish more people would do that.  Ask the right sources!
Go directly to the source!  Going to these places will ensure truth!

It snowed on Tuesday!  Ugh!  It didn't stick to the streets but it did
to the grass.  During the week was pretty nice but then for the past
few days it has been constant rain! Some places flooded!  We were
really worries about it raining today but it cleared up about an hour
and a half ago.  We were indoors for that time anyway so yay!

We had exchanges Wednesday into Thursday morning.  First off I highly
dislike exchanges.  Secondly, our Sister Training leaders were
doubling in meaning we had to plan 2 days worth of stuff to do in our
area!  Blug!  We don't have enough stuff to do as it is!  In the end,
it all worked out okay.  It always does.  While I was doing my
accountability with my STL, we sat in the car in our parking lot.  I
turned off the car but did not think to take the key out of the
ignition.  If you haven't already guess what happened, the car would
not start up.  I drained the battery!  Great job Sister Hanson!  We
made a few calls and no one answered.  After waiting only for a few
minutes, Sister Cain returned our call and she and her husband came to
our rescue!  Then we taught Femi over Skype that night, first time for
my STL to do so.

We also had a lesson with Femi yesterday, the last official lesson-
tithing, fasting and fast offerings.  He is on his way to be baptized
on Sunday at 2:30!  He also attended a baptism with us and Brother
Jenson for the Valley Forge 1st ward.  He enjoyed it and while he was
there, I introduced him to a Nigerian lady in that ward.  He thought
that was neat!  Her husband is not a member and Femi got his phone
number to call and make friends with him.  How great is he?!  Funniest
thing from yesterday- Femi told us that he was reading from Doctrine
and Covenants, the front of the Book of Mormon (Nephi) and the back
(Moroni), Gospel Principles manual, and True to the faith.  So much
reading!  He said he was doing this for understanding and "not to
become Bishop."  Hahaha!

On Friday we volunteered at a clothing swap (got some cool clothes for
cheap!!!!) and there was another Family Night Out!  It wasn't as great
as past ones because the Girl Scouts mainly ran it but we did get to
talk to one gal about what we do and believe.  She wasn't extremely
interested in us per say but we left her with an Article of Faith
card.

We also had a last minute lesson with Chris Demeo on Thursday!  We
haven't taught him in a while!  We taught in the bishop's home.

I so loved the Women's broadcast!  I hope you Sisters did too!  We sat
with Moira during it and attended a mini social beforehand.

Time to head out!!
I love you all sooooo so much!
Love,
Sister Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment