Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Stoddard Grandparents are Back!!

Yesterday evening, my Grandpa and Grandma made it to Washington. They lived and raised their children here. My Grandpa is an amazing man. He reminds me of Gorden B. Hinkley or Thomas S. Monson. Just by looking at him and listening to what he says, you know that he is smart and speaks the truth confidently; and when he smiles, which is only seen on occasion, just makes you want to smile. My grandma is an amazing woman, one of a few I want to be like. She is always Happy. In fact, when she dies, she wants that on her tombstone for everyone to know. They are important in my life and I appreciate all they do for me.

It is hard for me to picture them as parents raising my mom, but they did an excellent job. They helped shape the person my mom is today, which in turn helps shape me to be a better person.
I am blessed that they are members of the church and allows me the amazing opportunity to be a member as well. I don't know if they know how many lives they have changed and effected for the better.

I'll be a grandparent one day. (Wow....scary...hopefully not for a long long long long time.) I hope I can be as great as them and keep up all they have done to keep our family strong and together. Grandparents have done a lot and have had so much experience. Learn from them. Thank yours today!!

2 comments:

  1. That is a great picture of the three of you! Grandma is looking especially stunning in her bright pink vest! :) They are awesome and you are blessed to have that heritage. {Loves!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    And I am sure you have learned a lot from them too. We won't get into which of their kids are our favorites hehehe.

    ReplyDelete