Monday, September 27, 2010

Assumptions

There are two definitions I found that fit this word:

-Accepted cause and effect relationships, or estimates of the existence of a fact from the known existence of other fact(s). Although useful in providing basis for action and in creating 'what if' scenarios to simulate different realities or possible situations, assumptions are dangerous when accepted as reality without thorough examination.
- A proposition that is taken for granted, as if it were true based upon presupposition without preponderance of the facts.

So this says that I am a dangerous person, that takes things for granted but I am accepted because I base things off facts.

How far is too far to assume?  Is assuming too far already?

From my experience, you shouldn't assume things.  But guess what?  It is similar to judging people.  Everyone does it!  Does that make it right?  No.  We're just human.  I'm just human.


1 comment: