The class I found most interesting with this is science. I always pushed some principles aside because they did not match my beliefs. My teacher taught me something. *Gasp*
I found it interesting that members of the church had such strong opinions to support science and still be strong in the church. I now see how science works with religion. For example, the scientific method starts with a question, testing and observation, followed by the conclusion or answer to your question. Just as religion, you ask questions. To get to your answer you must search in scriptures, talk to other people, pray, and look at the world around you. Soon you will get your answer.
Yes there is still scientific principles such as the Big Band theory, Evolution, etc. But there is no proof. They may have ideas to support it. If you ever see a conflict, just have humility and patience.
He [President Clark] described the natural faithfulness of young LDS students, and he challenged the Church’s teachers to have courage in their instruction:
I mean intellectual courage— the courage to affirm principles, beliefs, and faith that may not always be considered as harmonizing with such knowledge, scientific or otherwise, as the teacher or his educational colleagues maybelieve they possess.Not unknown are cases where men of presumed faith, holding responsible positions, have felt that, since by affirming their full faith they might call down upon themselves the ridicule of their unbelieving colleagues, they
must either modify or explain away their faith, or destructively dilute it, or even pretend to cast it away. Such are hypocrites to their colleagues and their co- religionists.

:)
ReplyDelete