Monday, November 8, 2010

Let it snow, Let it snow??

I sure as anything I am not the one letting it snow.  And I am not sure if I am ready for this type of weather.  Needless to say, since I did not get any snow last winter, this is kind of exciting.  But I am sure that by the end of the semester here, I will be sick of it, especially if it keeps at the pace it is going.  At around 7:30 this morning, it was heavy sleet, barely sticking to the grass.... it has been nonstop, thicker precipitation since then and it is about 6:00pm.  That is almost twelve hours!!  I would say we have about 4 inches.
On my way back from class today, I almost slipped 50 times!!  No exaggeration.  If I had slipped, on my bum, in the cold, wet, slush....I would be so embarrassed!!  Hopefully it doesn't happen.

Now I am totally not one for the cold.  My favorite season is spring.  But there are some benefits to winter....
Brrrr!! 
I guess it is time for snowball fights (tacklings), hot chocolate, fires, and cuddling under blankets.  Bring it on Rexburg!!

2 comments:

  1. You have to count on slipping...at least once! It's just part of living in Rexburg. I remember one year it snowed the day everyone went home at the end of April. Blah!

    We thought about you a lot while at Disney. You're going to have so much fun.
    (And I think you would make a great Wendy.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i should let you know that winters in Rexburg suck and are the worst I have ever dealt with, (I think I can give my opinion on this seeing I spent 20 some winters in Wisconsin) The wind is aweful there, just plan on being blown apart by the time you get to class and invest in some cleats seeing salt gets used rarely and red rock makes it tons slippery.

    hope you have having a great time.

    ReplyDelete