It's hard to say that I'd rather staya wake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems- Owl City
I don't know about you, but I absolutely love dreaming. It takes me out of reality and allows me to do anything I want and, especially, be anywhere I want to be. I have dreamed a lot more lately than I can remember, make me wonder why. I have thought about keeping a dream journal because it is crazy what I remember.
One minute I am walking through my old house, then next I am dancing around. The next day is totally different, from sitting in school talking to my science teacher about an assignment, then next I am playing with my siblings, getting married, or a Disney Princess. (Yes, all of these have actually been in my dreams.) Past, Present, maybe Future; it is crazy where my thoughts lead me.
Not all of my dreams are rainbows and chocolate though.
It is my favorite section in Psychology class right now-- Consciousness: Sleep and Dreams.
Have you ever had a dream where you are trying to run away from someone and you can't run fast enough or can't open your eyes? I have and I must say, they are among the worst. But I just learned that the reasoning behind this is because, when we are in REM sleep, our body is paralyzed. We are unable to act out our dreams!!
While REM sleep is not the only stage of sleep where we dream, it is the stage where we have the most bizarre dreams and most likely the reason we remember these ones is because they take place right before me wake up.
Cool, huh?? ☺

No comments:
Post a Comment