Sunday, February 6, 2011

Near Death Experience

Hahaha okay not really but it is quite sad that I choose this as my title, of all titles.
Yesterday morning I put in order the most important things I had on me.  Number one was my wallets, mainly my id cards (one to get into my housing development and the second to get into work and all the other parks).  Number two was my camera.  Number three my phone and lastly my keys.  Little did I know that number three would bump up to my number one before the end of the day.
       So I went to Hollywood Studios first with a friend, a roomate, and her friends.  We were all celebrating her birthday, so it was an extra special day.  Then she wanted to go to Epcot.  We got Fast Passes to Test Track (which is the best ride there) and then went about doing other things until our Fast Pass time.  Well guess what?  That time came hahaha.  We rode; had a TOTAL blast.  Stepped off the ride.  Touched my pocket.....
Phone gone....
Life as I knew it was sinking.  We ran and told the Cast Members working the exit.  They checked the car we rode when it came back around.  Nothing.
This is when I analyzed my life and dependency on my phone.
Number one- It is brand new I tell you.  A month old.  A baby.
Number two- I talk to my mom all the time.
Number three- It is my alarm clock here to get me up for work.
Number four- My roomates numbers, the Missionaries numbers, everyones numbers that I do not have backed up and would need here.
Number five- everything.
The Cast Member told me to go to guest relations in hope that someone found it and if not keep calling Epcot's guest relations for the next few days to see if it surfaces.
I called my mom on my friend's phone and some how she knew right away I lost my phone on a roller coaster- crying time.  She tried to reassure me, but if you know me, that helped little. I didn't deserve her love and understanding.  I was a horrible person!!
A couple hours later I had a feeling to go back to the exit of Test Track and ask if a phone was found.  When they said one had and would be brought down, I waited the longest minute of my life.  When it was brought down I knew it was mine!!  But of course I had to prove it was mine.  As quickly as could be I spatted out my emergency contacts- LeeAnn, Leonard, Dylan.  The lady didn't seem convinced.  I spatted out my mom's cell phone number.  What else could I convince her?  I could have said more but she seemed to tell I was wanting my phone.
Heavenly Father truly watches out for us and wants us to learn our lessons.
Moral of the story:  Put your valuables in a safe, secure spot before riding a rollar coaster and don't rely too heavily on any Earthy possession.

2 comments:

  1. It is funny how much we rely on things like a phone! I know I need to rely less on technology and do things more by myself with the Lord's help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found it! At least a small stroke of luck lol.

    ReplyDelete