Friday, February 8, 2013

I had a Government Virus

Really, I did!!  Okay, more literally, my computer did.  It FREAKED me out.  Thank goodness for my mom, dad, the tech dude at BYU, Kyle, Janae, and Tiana.


This is similar to what popped up for me!  That picture in the top right- hand side was a picture taken of me from my webcam.  Eeek!  I promise, cross my heart and stick a needle in my eye, that I was not doing anything bad let alone illegal.  My computer was completely frozen and all I could do was turn my computer on and off, log in, and look at this page (but later on just a blank white page).  To the best of my knowledge, none of my accounts were hacked.  From a couple places, I was told that the purpose of this was to scare (which it did 100%) and get money.

It was a nasty little booger!  If you ever have this happen, here are a few sites that may help you out; for the most part, they helped me.  You can ask me for help to and I could do the best I can to help you out.

http://guides.yoosecurity.com/remove-fake-fbi-moneypak-warning-scam-asking-to-pay-200-fine-to-unlock-pc/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuctc1_g0as

No comments:

Post a Comment