Saturday, June 8, 2013

Testimony

For those of you who may or may not know, but for the next 18 months I will be serving a church mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- Day Saints.  As representatives of Christ, we dedicate this time to serving Him and His children (everyone).  I will not be on social media sites.  I will however get to email and write letters.  At this time, I am only allowed to email my family.  If things change, I am sure my mom will let you know.  Anything posted on my blog will be by my mom and she can update it or put whatever up about my mission on here.

I am proud to be able to go on a mission.  I am really excited and each day I get a little more nervous, but I have faith that it will be amazing. I am full of joy and I have always been my happiest when I am living on the path Christ wants for me.  I have a strong desire to bring others this joy!  No one is excluded from this joy and from the love Jesus Christ and our Father in Heaven have for us.  We are His children and He is routing for us to succeed and return, again, one day to Him.  I have been blessed beyond measure to have been sent to my family.  I love them will all my heart.  I am so proud that my brothers have a goal to also serve missions.  I have a forever family.

I know that the scriptures are the words of God.  The Bible and the Book of Mormon testify and are witnesses of Jesus Christ.  2 Corinthians 13:1, "In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established."  Just as prophets of old, Adam, Abraham, Moses; we have a living prophet today, President Thomas S. Monson.  He gives us instructions for our day.  Times may change, but gospel doctrines and principles do not.  I have a strong knowledge and faith in the restoration of the Church after the death of Jesus Christ and his apostles, leading to the apostasy.  Joseph Smith was a man and prophet called of God to restore the truth to the Earth once more.  He translated the Book of Mormon, which is scripture from people living in the Americas.  The same time period that people were writing (which is now called) the Old Testament and the New Testament, people were writing the Book of Mormon- just on the opposite side of the world.  Just because they were written way back when does not mean that they are not relevant today.  We must first read the scriptures, learn them, then apply them to our every day lives.

I know that Jesus Christ was no ordinary man.  His whole life was dedicated to serving.  He is the son of God.  He worked miracles with Priesthood power.  Jesus Christ suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane for our sins as well as for our physical setbacks, mental and spiritual sorrows.  His heart is full of love for us all, His brothers and sisters in God the Father.  John 15:13, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."  Jesus Christ is our Savior.  He saved us from sin, from spiritual death through His infinite Atonement.  I will share the message of salvation and exaltation.  John 15:13, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  I am grateful for so many things and my Savior is the greatest!

If you have any questions about what I believe in, just ask!
- Sister Shaelyn Hanson
http://mormon.org/me/5W0C

[One last hurrah here as well.  Here is Sean and I singing "Because He Lives"; practicing for sacrament meeting.  You can find the music and similar ones on Sally Deford's website.  See you all in a year and a half!!]

No comments:

Post a Comment