At the MTC, I have come to discover, love, and buy a Hi- Glider. They
do not bleed through my scriptures! Mom, they have provided us with a
pillow and some blankets, lame ones, but blankets none the less. I
thank you so very much for your advice to bring a bigger one and to pack
my blanket. When the Brownings and Morriss' dropped me off, the
gentleman at the front gate was way surprised with how light I packed!
Some Sisters have like... 4 bags. Crazy! I did however forget a bar of
soap... the blue on in a box on the windowsill of the bathroom. Lame.
I love my district here at the MTC. All of us are going to Philly except for 3 Elders. I have learned a lot from them and wish they were
all going to Philly! It is crazy that people ask for ages now! That
probably never happened when the ages were pretty much 19 for elders and
21 for sisters. I am the second oldest in the district :( I feel like
one of the youngest and one of the Elders complimented me by saying he
thought I was younger! Such a sweetheart! My companion has now changed
to two companions! A trio is hard... no lie. It is hard to share the
oxygen when we are teaching our investigators but we are constantly
learning! Sister Shaia (original companion) 2 quotes I want to share--
"I feel like I know your mom without having have met her!" "How would
the world feel if they know we, thousands of missionaries, were sitting
in buildings for a couple of weeks preparing to teach them of Christ?"
There are so many of us! We got to go to the Marriott center on BYU
campus to see the devotional yesterday because there are too many of us
to fit in on place! One of my pictures is of all of us heading back to
the MTC; an army like Helaman's!! It is so exciting to be a part of!
Thanks Tiana for the skirt from my birthday! That was the only item of
clothing that had a compliment except for today when I was complimented
the shirt mom and I have!! What are you all studying for the STOMP
program? I have been boxing the words "will" or "will not" and "all"
and trying to think of those meanings and how important they are. I
totally thought I would be way ahead, but I am not! There is so much to
study! I am probably only 2 days ahead.
The worldwide broadcast this Sunday: it will be
HUGE!! Look for me, even though it will be like picking out one ant in
an ant hill. I am so exicted! The General Authorities will be at the
MTC starting Friday. Security will be so high we will not see a single
one! Rumors are going around about a historic announcement se be all
ears!! :)
I love you all so very much! The Lord is truly with us
and wants what is best for us. He is there and we have to open the
door and let Him in! I totally thought having a testimony would be
enough for this work, but conversion is vital too. I am working to be
the best I can be. There is so much happiness in this work.
"Change is inevitable; growth is optional."
All my love, Sister Hanson
Pics-
Of my companion, Sister Shaia. Though, we are now in a trio and Sister
Battilyon has joined us! Her companion had major anxiety and went home
on Friday. My District at our temple walk this past Sunday. Service
project of stocking/ cleaning the bathrooms on floors 1 and 2 of our
building.
No comments:
Post a Comment