Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Lots of corn!



July 15, 2013
Hey!
I am glad to hear that all is well.  You are totally keeping busy!  We are trying our best.  Lately we have been making "stop-bys", so not a set appointment time to come by, to less active members, former investigators, or potentials.  A lot of people are not home but with the summer still happening for another month, it will probably continue to be like that.  Everyone and their dog, has a dog and the majority of them all smoke, sure even the dogs second hand.  Nonetheless, I love them and I know that God loves them.  My perspective there has definitely opened up more and I have faith that it will continue to do so.
We had one of our investigators and two less active members at Church yesterday!  Sister Whitaker and I were so thrilled!  We were hoping for 2 or 3 more people, but we were still happy because that is the best it has been in a while.  Our investigator is Austin.  He is 14 years old.  His family is less active and we are trying to work on them; really it has only been Austin's grandfather, Brother Addy and he was one of the ones at church yesterday.  Members welcomed him back all around that he said, "It felt like I had never left." 
Mom thank you for sharing that quote!  I add my testimony to that in that we need strong Christians that actually stand up for truth and righteousness, what they actually believe in, in this time of hardships and sadness of the world.  It is hard to be this strong though.  It is not too much to ask because we have a way as long as we have the will to do it.  God will be there with us.  He is always with His children and He will stand by the righteous.
I gave a short talk in sacrament meeting yesterday, just to kind of get my face known to the ward more; which is a good idea.  I introduced myself a little, read a few versus of scripture from Alma 26, read a quote and bore my testimony.  Here is the quote, "The essence of our ministry in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is to invite all people everywhere to come unto Christ so that He can work His miracle in their lives in whatever way He choose.  For some, that miracle will mean a significant change of life and lifestyle.  For others it will simply mean new purpose and understand in the lives that are already rich with faith.  But for all it will mean peace and joy and happiness beyond measure as the Master touches hearts and souls with His love."  Elder M. Russell Ballard from the book "Our Search for Happiness."  I suggest this book to everyone to read.  Everyone.  He wrote this book mainly for people not of our faith, but members of the church and nonmembers alike can benefit from his words and explanations.  I have enjoyed reading from it.  A key word in there is the word invite.  That is the simplest of things we are asked to do.
Have you picked and memorized another family scripture like 1 Timothy 4:12?  While my companion is on Facebook, I have been reading articles on lds.org and people's profiles on Mormon.org.  May I make a suggestion?  Those of you who do not have a profile, please make one.  I tried searching for you and could not find some, family and friends.  Also, for those of you who do have ones, will you please make some time to update them?  I loved reading them!
In concluding, I hope that we are all happy.  We should all rejoice in Christ!  He is the way to full happiness; a fullness of joy.  Who does not want to be filled with joy, happiness, and peace?
I love you all!!
Sister Hanson!!
P.S.  Mom, missionaries love food lol.  Next time you make homemade bread, will you give the Sisters a loaf?  I miss your bread!  By all means, don't send some to me, with the heat and yucky mail period.  But by giving some to the Sister, you will be giving some to me :)








Shaelyn loves horses!


Tracting in the Rain!





No comments:

Post a Comment