That is way neat that you got to meet/ hear the new mission
president! The area is the Federal Way Mission, right? Or was that
what it was called before? Those 2 pieces of advice are awesome! I
have been working hard with them.
Mom, thanks for giving bread to the Sisters!
This
week has been busier! We taught a new investigator, Jeff. He is a
member referral and it was great teaching in a member's home, with them
present. He was not at church yesterday, and we were so bummed! But,
we just found out like 10 minutes ago that he got lime disease! Wow.
(At least it is for good reasoning.) We will not be able to have a
second lesson this week, either, which is sad. We also got a new
investigator last night, Grace. We have stopped by several times in the
past but she has always been at work. Finally we caught her yesterday,
got to know her a little bit and set up a return appointment. She is a
member referral from the Bishop's son. Member referrals are seriously
the best thing ever! I am glad you are trying to work on people. Here
is a suggestion I have: Braydon, will you invite a friend to the
Sacrament Primary Program? (Jeffery, maybe?) Hey you can invite more
than one- Aiden! If you don't know how to go about inviting them, Ask
the Missionaries! They Can Help! When is the Program? Hopefully it
hasn't happened yet.
How was the Stake Pioneer Activity? Invite anyone?
I am glad that D. Me 2 was good! Has anyone seen Monsters University?
Ooo
Ooo and supposedly my comps and I from the MTC are famous! There is a
picture of us from the Salt Lake Tribune! A Sister from my ward called
yesterday to tell us she thinks it was me but couldn't read the name
tag. I have been trying to look on the website but can't find
anything. http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/ ---> the gal from the ward said it was under a gallery section. Let me know if you find it!
Brother Millard, in seminary, taught us a Kiasm pattern
found in the BOM. Did you two teach this in seminary at all? Was it
in Alma 36? I came across a note I had there this week in my STOMP
reading and was curious. I don't know if you remember me losing my
seminary BOM when I went out to BYUI. It is so sad that I lost it with
all of my notes (even my note from my very first year with Doctrine and
Covenants). Hopefully whoever has it in their hands now has learned
something from them. Great job everyone for keeping up with STOMP!
Make me proud!
Lindy had talked about the possibility of her putting
in her mission papers. It is great that she has! I am excited to hear
where she will be serving! Transfers are coming up the first week of
August. We will only have 9 new Sisters this time around but the
transfer following, there will be 15- the original number of Sisters for
my transfer! Missions are awesome!
I had Golden Re-Training in Dover (the capital) this
week. It was great to see other missionaries that were in my MTC
District! An important lesson I learned: Listen. Listening to
your companion. Listening to your investigators and members. Listening
to the Spirit. At times it is hard not to try to prepare what you are
going to say next. We have been promised that if we open our mouths,
the Lord will fill in the words. 'We will be given in the very moment
what we shall say.' That is something that I have been trying to work
on, even with Tracting. What is also important when it comes to
Listening? Being worthy--> filling our wells of knowledge through
studies, filling our thoughts with pure and not distracting thoughts,
filling our lives of goodness and happiness. After all, everything good
and happy comes from God. It takes practice but if we have a desire and
ask God for the help, we will do great things.
Mom->
Happy Birthday!!
I love you all bunches!!
Sister Hanson
Lunch on the beach with Sis. Whitaker!
No comments:
Post a Comment