Hello everyone! I hope all is well! All is well here!
I have truly been blessed this week for so many reasons. First off- I am staying in Phoenixville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! And with Sister Davis!! YAY!! I was praying so hard to stay. But a thought came to my mind mid week; praying is not to change the will of the Father, but to bring my will to His and I had to work on that thought for the rest of the week. Jesus Christ was the best example in this as He suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane and said "Thy will, oh Lord, be done." It will take me a while to get fully there.
We went on a church tour with Chris this week. As we showed him the baptismal font and talked and read scriptures in the chapel, he was pretty much asking us to invite him to be baptized and I had the pleasure of doing so. He accepted!! We tried to extend a date but from him being out of town or Sister Kwan (she was on the tour with us) would be out of town and asking him for a closer date, I felt that he would not be ready. So a date will have to wait, and that is just fine!
As a service project this week at the Civic Center with Dolly, we helped fill eggs for their Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday. We planned on coming, but we arrived too late (about a half hour after it started)- the hunt came and went and we heard it was a mad house and that there wasn't enough eggs. Insane! We were late because that morning, we went to Jared Rothey's baptism! It went really well!
Want to know the BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER? That evening as we were IMing Femi, we told us he got the okay from the wife to be baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
With 2.5 days, we pulled it off! I mean, it helped to have pretty much everything set from the previous week. It went great! More people came than we thought! We ran out of treats fast! Femi said he felt good and like a changed and new person. He is so great!
Femi and the Jenson family who let us teach Femi in their home.
On the down side, we are now to pretty much 0 investigators. Manuela isn't really responding or progressing and we will have to pass her off to the Valley Forge 1st ward Elders. Chris moved to King of Prussia and that is the Elders area of our ward. So....yeah we have no one to teach. This week will be in desperation in finding!! And guess what? I stink at finding! We are in the process of making Easter eggs to give to the people that live in our apartment area. Maybe something will come of that.
In Relief Society, our teacher brought in Palms for Palm Sunday. She confessed that she went to the Catholic Church that morning to grab some. She did ask 'for palms for a Sunday lesson' and the gentleman said yes! So funny!! Then another gal said "You should have invited him!"
I have a commitment for EVERYONE!
Will you share, post, write in a Facebook over the course of this next week (the more times, the better) "#BecauseofHim"?
Spread the Fire!!!!!!!!!!
http://easter.mormon.org/?cid= HPTU041514694
https://www.facebook.com/ events/1398816953724248/
http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/ article/becauseofhim-church- easter-initiative-focused-on- jesus-christ
http://easter.mormon.org/?cid=
https://www.facebook.com/
http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/
My first one said "#BecauseofHim the smile on my face is truth. We can all have true, everlasting happiness- Because of Him. Happy Palm Sunday!"
Today, my Facebook says "I have a wonderful family, whom I adore, and can be with for eternity #BecauseofHim and all He did and continues to do!"
MASS TAKE OVER! Spread the word!
Happy Easter! I hope that you remember throughout this whole week what happened so long ago. I know that is it Because of Him that death is not permanent, nor the end. He is the Light, the Life, and the Way! I love my Savior, Jesus Christ! I know that He lives and He loves us all too. He bore our griefs, burdens, sorrows, doubts; physically, spiritually, and mentally. I know that without a doubt, He can and should be our very best friend. As much as friends and family say "I understand. I know what you're going through.", they are not 100% in their answer. But, Jesus Christ is 100% when He says that to us. I know that He and our Father in Heaven appeared to the young boy Joseph Smith. Because of this experience, so many truths that were lost, were found. I know this Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- day Saints is true. Jesus Christ is the center and the Head.
I love you all so much and wish you the best this week!
Sister Hanson
P.S. One month until Mother's Day. Ya'll ready for this?
Went to get ice cream and met the Easter Bunny!
Today at Valley Forge
In front of the George Washington house in Valley Forge (we went to the Valley Forge National Park this morning)
With a guy that works at Valley Forge
In front of one of the soldiers' bunks/cabins


















No comments:
Post a Comment