history and in preparation for our weekly district meeting, they
encouraged us to do an hour of family history. Well I went on to
family search.org and studied up on my family tree. While I did not
do anything new, I found some interesting things and felt the Spirit
of Elijah bring me a deeper sense of identity and importance of family
history. I read a couple conversion stories- they were way sweet
(namely John and Janet on the Stoddard side and of Erastus Perry
Bingham)!! I wish there were more family stories/ memories. Dad,
your mother doesn't have a whole lot of information about her as well
as DuVello Sr.'s wife-- I think there was a problem there when I was
back in Harrington and the family history specialist helped me add her
but now she isn't there again.... I really do not know.
Some other neat things were that the name Stoddard used to be spelled
Stoddart. There was a reason that I read about for different
spellings; the average person didn't know how to read and/ or write
and so they changed from person to person at times. There was a
family member that resided in Rexburg! Other ancestors in various
parts of Utah and Idaho but Rexburg is special! The Stoddard (t) line
is from Scotland. The Hanson line is from England. The McDonald side
is from Scotland as well and the Ruward line, which was the only one I
knew, is from Holland.
*As I was going through the ancestral lines, I saw quite a few
individuals that have incomplete information and then hey can be taken
to the temple! A few others are finished and ready to take to the
temple. But, there was some people (Cook side of the family) that
have records ready to be requested! I felt a sense of urgency and I
wanted to call mom up right away and tell her to take the family on a
temple trip and do family names! Of course I couldn't do that, and I
had to wait patiently until Pday.
It has been rainy. At one point when we were out looking for
potential investigators, it started to pour!!!! When we left it was
only sprinkling and Sister Davis didn't even bring her umbrella.
(Haven't replaced mine since Harrington yet.) Boy oh boy did we get
soaked! To the bone! Our boots were filled with water. Even if
someone opened and let us in, how would they even let us walk anywhere
or sit on their couch all wet?
off and clean up and warm up with hot chocolate. We decided to me
work on filled plastic Easter eggs to hide in our stairwells and at
people's doors- candy, uplifting messages, #BecauseofHims and pass
along cards.
mom. Thank you!! We have sooooo many treats and junk food! It helped
to fill some of our eggs, though, that we hid around.
where we played whiffle ball and then had plastic eggs with one item
inside that represented a part of the Savior's life, such as a rock,
toy donkey, leather for a whip, a cup, a mini spear, nails in a cross,
and the last one was empty. I can't describe it, but that night, I
felt and came to know a little deeper than Jesus is real. He suffered
for me. I studied a picture of him in the Garden of Gethsemane and
felt nearer to Him. I know that can continue beyond just Easter time.
Brother Rothey taught an AMAZING LESSON about Holy Week
and went through Christ's life. That was also very heart and spirit
filled.
Late that night we got a mini missionary!! Sister Starr Dunbar.
3 days. It was great getting to teach her the ropes of missionary
life and open her eyes to what it is all about. She was super shy to
start but by the end, she opened right up! I gave her my bed and I
camped out for a few nights.
inside. The members that invited us over were great, the Ruch family.
They had a few family members. Brother Ruch and his 3 sisters and mom
reminisced in past memories and just laughed and laughed and laughed.
Reminded me of us!! It is way more fun being the one talking about
memories and laughing than it is to be the person on the other end
having no idea what they are talking about or mini- laughing at semi
funny stories.
This morning, Sister Davis and I, with Sister Rothey, have started
T25-- it is like P90x but only 25 minutes long. It was hard but fun
and I felt so healthy and happy afterwards. Sister Davis and I both
agree that we haven't had a workout like that in quite a long time.
To and from the Rothey's house is 10 miles and so we shall see how
much and how often we actually get to workout with her.
"I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow Him in faith. I
believe eve in the Savior Jesus Christ. I'll honor His name. I'll do
what is right, I'll follow His light. His truth I will proclaim!"
I have that song stuck in my head but I felt it goes perfectly.
I have a testimony of Jesus Christ. My testimony comes from feelings
deep within my heart, mind and Spirit. It usually does not come from
physical feelings or physical sight or sound. He is my Savior. My
Redeemer. My Friend. My Brother. My life. I love Him and I know He
loves me.
Two great talks I read this week if anyone is interested is "Believing
Christ" from the April 1992 Ensign.
https://www.lds.org/ensign/
the whole Ensign in honor of when I was born!). The other one is
called "Personal Revelation: The Gift, The Test, The Promise" by Elder
Packer from November 1994.
We had the opportunity to talk to a neighbor of a member yesterday who
is a minister. He was not interested but asked if we had any
questions for him. I just asked if we could show a video and I showed
him the "Because of Him" video right then and there on the iPad. So
neat! Such a great video. I have had the pleasure of showing members
throughout the week and commit them to posting it this week on social
media. I has been a great campaign and push!!
Sending all my love!!
Sister Hanson





















No comments:
Post a Comment