Monday, May 26, 2014

There's a sad sorta clanging from the clock in the halls....

...and the bells from the steeple too.  And up in the nursery there's
a sad little bird who's popping out to say coo coo.
 Regretfully they tell us, but firmly they compel us to say goodbye... To you.
So long, farewell :(

Remember how I started off very much disliking being in Valley Forge?
Well I take it all back!
I am being transferred and no, is the answer to everyone's question
all the time of if I know where I am going.  Won't found out until
tomorrow morning.  We got the call Friday night and the Elders from
our ward are getting booted out!  Down to two sets and everyone is
said- hey, you're not using us!  But, the down news is that this
apartment in Phoenixville is getting shut down. Soooo sad!  Sister
Davis and her new companion will be moving into the Elders' apartment
in Bridgeport.  So, lots of cleaning and packing these past few days.
It's been fun though.

Then, on Saturday, President calls us.  I freak out and ask Sister
Davis if she wants to answer it but then I just answer it because she
gave me a look- 'Sister Hanson, stop being weird.'  President has
asked me to be a Sister Training Leader.  I am not sure how I feel
about this quite yet.

Happy Memorial Day everyone!  We went to a ward breakfast at Valley
Forge Park this morning and said my "see you laters".  It was sad and
is only teared up hugging Sister Rothey; especially when she found out
I was leaving tomorrow morning.  She signed up for dinner tomorrow
night thinking that would be my last day.  (The mission has swapped
again from Wednesday transfers to Tuesday again with more new
missionaries coming in.). Then Carolyn took us the the Elders'
apartment with most of the apartment stuff.  (Minus furniture.  The
Service Elders will take care of that.)  A little more cleaning up and
then we will be heading down to Broomall for the Ruch's baptism!
Their interviews went great!  Then since we have to be down there
again for transfers anyway, we will be spending the night with the
Broomall Sisters.  Yay...the floor....

Nothing really happened this week.  Baptism prep and finished
teaching.  Femi is severely depressed.  Weather has been amazing.
Hopefully I will have more exciting things to tell you next week.
Wish me luck! Or faith!

I love you all!!!!
Sister Hanson

PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!! A letter is in the mailbox as we speak!
Hope it is a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment