After working out this morning and waiting for Sister Davis to shower,
I looked out the window and started to sing "Oh What a Beautiful
Morning"!!
Thanks to all who participated in the Because of Him campaign!! Look
Did you participate in the Mother's Day one?
I enjoyed this one very much as well!!
Brother Rothey asked us all yesterday what our favorite thing about
our mothers were? Oh boy that was hard for us all! The favorite? I
don't know if this is number one but it is up there and not one
someone else repeated. I said I love your Sixth Sense- knowing
something is up, coming to us and talking to us about it or trying to
get us to bring it up first; kind of like the eyes on the back of your
head kind of a deal.
I loved seeing you all yesterday! I was a little worried at the start
that we wouldn't get things worked out. Thank goodness I remembered
mom's phone number.
OurZone Conference this past week was amazing! Long, but AMAZING!
The first part was about health and how that affects our productivity.
Our mind and body are one and what happens to one affects the other.
Our Mission Doctor, Dr. Dunn and his wife, talked about putting humor
in every day, exercise, love.
Awesome quotes from Sister Dunn's presentation:
"Break down is necessary prelude to break through."
"There is no such thing as failure, only feedback." -- depends on how
we act and react
"The world breaks everyone and afterwards many are strong."
"If people were meant to pop out of bed, we'd all sleep in toasters."
Oo- oo she also said chocolate is good! Preferably dark chocolate.
If you want to control your happiness, top three things would be to
exercise, deep breathe, and eat chocolate (or something else you
enjoy). Other things are to serve, listen to happy music (yes she
soooo had us close our eyes and listen to the Broadway version of
"Hakuna Matata" in the chapel hahaha! Loved it!) or music that speak
in 'full sentences' (rock music is not good for you), walk, laugh, and
relax. When you feel a certain way emotionally, every cell in your
body knows it.
Interesting fact: 85% of illnesses caused from stress and she believes
that that percentage goes up with missionaries. No wonder a lot of
missionaries get sick!
We got called Polygamists and Amish in one day! But that day, we also
got a cheeseburger and fries which we both had been craving for
like... A month.


No comments:
Post a Comment