I meant to send this link about a month ago and have forgotten, until
today! It is so incredible for me to be a part of this new digital
missionary age and to continue to see it change and develop over time!
What does the future have in store for us?
http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/
Here is another link I wanted to share. I remember sharing it last
year and found it yet cool this year!
http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/
I don't know if you count and keep track of weeks and transfers and
such, but we had transfer calls this week!
I am staying and Sister Beames is leaving. We kind of expected that
outcome. This will be Sister Beames' last transfer. She goes home in
6 weeks- crazy! Everyone in the ward is devastated to see her go.
For one of her last nights, we had a sleepover last night with the
Spanish sisters, Sister Reyes and Sister Aguilar.
Nervous for my new companion!
Once upon one morning, while we were jogging, I tripped. The first
time I caught myself. I was not so lucky the second time. Scrapped
up my hands and knees pretty good. I felt handicapped most of the
week. I am doing much better now.
A few weeks ago at a relief society activity, I complimented Sister
Faith Rivera on her fake nails. She said she could get me some but I
told her they weren't very missionary like. Well, he following Sunday
she brought some for Sister Beames and I, French manicure style so it
was missionary appropriate. It took us a few weeks to put them on...
We had a dinner appointment with her this week and so we decided we
should wear them. They are kinda strange.... Double handicap this
week. Anyway, later at this dinner appointment, she sent us to pick
up the order of sub sandwiches and she gave us a $100 bill!! It was
pretty cool because Philadelphia is all over it!
At this months Relief Society activity, we were supposed to have
Swimming, Smoothies, and Socializing. But it rained! They said about
9 inches! It was totally crazy, especially driving home that night!!
One street was in the process of becoming a lake and I chanced going
through. Probably shouldn't have but we were okay.
Learning the art of juicing and making green smoothies was fun! I
always enjoy hanging out with the ladies as well.
This past Saturday, several of our recent converts and even a couple
members we have been working with, went to the DC temple for the first
time. Oh what a sight! We were helping to clean the church building
when they met up to go down and so we got to see them off. A couple
of them did their own family names! I know the youth in our ward have
taken that challenge as well to do their own family names.
I have strong testimony of temple work, work for the eternities.
Missionary work encompasses that. I know it is through my Savior,
Jesus Christ, that all of this is possible. I know my family will be
together forever.
Remind me never to tell Shalise anything, she can't keep secrets!
Haha! Also... I told her I wouldn't tell anyone that she told us the
secret, so I will try to keep my mouth shut!
The less active YSA, Danny D., flew to Utah this week to spend time
with family and while there, he found out about transfers and he was
devastated because he loves Sister Beames.
We had a few lessons this week with Danny. We first taught the first
five commandments and then taught the second half another day. Since
he is a little slow and can't read very well, we used the hand signals
for each one so he could remember them. (If you don't know the hand
signals, I will be happy to teach you! They're great!) Anyway, here
are some funny moments.
This is the second day and we are reviewing. He is a little... Huge
lady chaser and has had like 6 kids with 5 or 6 different women.
Anyway, we get to the seventh commandment and he says, "Oh man, let's
skip #7!" Commandment #8: don't steal. #9: don't steal. #10: don't
steal. I had written down all ten for him to review for the next time
we come and he had. He thought number 10!was no shellfish (for me
writing selfish) or that we should not be Jewish (for jealous).
Least favorite and favorite commandments, I see! Also, while he was
closing us with a prayer, he used the hand signal for #7 (putting a
ring on the wedding ring finger) when asking for help to live the
commandments. Yes... That means we had out eyes open. He is just
really entertaining to watch while he prays!
Yesterday there was a baptism for an 8 year old girl. I was asked to
play the piano. Yikes! Luckily the songs were pretty easy, "I am a
Child of God" and "Choose the Right Way", otherwise I might've said
no. I was a good thing all in all because I need to be practicing and
improving more. At the baptism, a gal and her daughter from my last
ward in Valley Forge were there! She's part of the family! That was
pretty neat! Small world!
Mom, thank you so much for the Keds flat shoe socks! They are so comfy!
Where is everyone in their Book of Mormon reading (STOMP)? I am in 3
Nephi 17. I love reading the Book of Mormon! I know it is true. It
helps me out time and time again.
I love you all tons!
Sister Hanson
No comments:
Post a Comment