My dear amazing family and friends,
I just love you! You know that, right?
Here is my week!
My hair is red. At the beginning of the week, no one really said
anything, but as time went on, boy did I get comments! Especially at
Zone Conference on Saturday and at church yesterday! At Zone
Conference, President Anderson told me it looked very nice! I told
him it wasn't supposed to be this color.... Then he said, wow your
face is turning as red as your hair. Thanks Prez, thanks. Hahaha!
Then at church, Stevie Helriegel told me we really needed to stop
doing this, since it was Sister Beames who had done it the previous
week. I told her we are having identity crisis'. It's great though!
I like it! If we get to the church today, I will send some pictures.
We got a new investigator this past week, Rosa. She is awesome and
she has two kids. I met her last week walking the streets in
Bridgeton in exchanges. Her son, Quazim, and called us over and
talked to us and then his mom came out. We asked if she would be
interested in a message on Jesus Christ to strengthen your family and
she accepted! Later talking to her, she was surprised her son and
even talked to us because he is shy. Yes he is shy because we came
the second time to her house and he wouldn't talk to us. Sad! But he
is awesome nonetheless. Later that same day, we were going to go to an
investigator's church Bible study but she didn't end up going so
instead we taught her 4 grand kids "I am a Child of God." How tender.
They want to sing it at their church!
At Zone Conference, Sister Anderson gave us a new way to look at the
abbreviation for our mission, PPM (Pennsylvania Philadelphia Mission)
as Pray Ponder and Meditate!
After Zone Conference, we were headed back to our church building for
the Elders' baptism. It was dinner time but we weren't too hungry but
agreed that we wanted something tasty and cold. Custard it was, but
where at? First place we saw, Sister Beames said she heard this was a
good one! I pulled in and as we were ordering, this fellow, James,
asked us if we were from the FBI. That's a first!
We later sat down with him and talked about his life. He's a retired
Coast Coast officer and cop, hence that comment he made. A couple
months ago, he was in a coma for about 12 days. He said he knows this
is God giving him a second chance. I asked him what he was going to
do with this new chance. He didn't know. We told him that he should
try to figure it out.
He said his birthday was tomorrow and I only had one thing to give
him. I asked him if I could give him a birthday present and he said
yes. I gave him a Book of Mormon, grateful to have put my testimony
in it just the other day. Personalized it and we parted ways.
I am so grateful that we were in the right place at the right time!
He had even said it was strange we were there, like déjà vu. We told
him we had been decided to go to a different ice cream place but then
pulled in here. Now we know why.
There is this boy we found a couple weeks ago through the YSA rescue,
Danny Deangilis. He wasn't too interested in church but wanted to
hang out with young people with good standards. As time went on and
he allowed us to come over more and discuss his questions and teach,
he opened up to us. He even came to church yesterday! It has been
neat to get to know him and try to help him find Christ again. He had
been baptized at ten, only he and his mother are members but his
mother has since divorced and isn't doing good things. I know he can
do great things for his family!
We went on a trail 'hike' this morning with Danny and Sister Fisher.
It was fun! We were hoping to see eagles but they have since moved to
raise their babies in a different nesting area. The weather was
perfect but now I have this rash thing on my face....ek! I bought a
new acne free for sensitive skin since my skin had been having trouble
during the winter into spring and so I thought I'd give this one a
try. Not sure if it is the face wash or something from outside!
William Harris, not sure if I have talked about him, recent convert-
oh yeah the very first week I was here he was baptized! Anyway, he
gave his first talk yesterday on his conversion story. I was so
proud! Even a ward member said I looked like a proud momma.
We had FHE with the Helriegels last evening. It was great! We had a
brief lesson on temples and then played Apples to Apples. Man... They
are a rough family to play with and it sufficeth me to say that I am
so grateful, I grew up in the Hanson home rather than theirs.
Mom, thank you so much for the package! You are so thoughtful and
definitely the greatest! That missionary newspaper story was pretty
interesting!
I love you all and wish you the best in your upcoming week.
Sister Hanson
No comments:
Post a Comment