So no one guessed if I would be transferred or not... Debating whether or not to tell you mwwa- hahaha.
We had two accountability sessions with Sister that we weren't able to exchange with. But it was fun to chat and have ice cream! (Rita's one day and BoYos frozen yogurt with the other sisters.). We went on exchanges with the Cherry Hill Sisters, Sister Barnum and her golden, Sister Jolley. I went to Cherry Hill and mom, do you remember someone from Cherry Hill? You told me to see him when I go there....
Well guess what? I did! Here's what happened. It was all meant to be!
We were at the church building for their Book of Mormon class. Sister Barnum mentions something to me about a guy in their ward who is an Eagles player and all the kids have been asking him about what it is like. I'm like "eh...okay, cool." We are sitting in the Book of Mormon class and the no so random thought comes into my mind about this Eagles player and my mom saying I needed to meet a guy in the Cherry Hill ward. Wheels started turning and after the lesson, I told Sister Barnum about it and she was all "yeah he has family in Washington." Hmmmm... Let's go find him! So I did and after saying hi I told him that he had met my parents this summer. He gave me a really wide eyed look of confusion. Then I added 'in Maple Valley'.... 'You were visiting family...'. Yes that clicked for him and he remembered meeting you mom! Brother Brandon Bair. He was all "woah and you're in this ward?" And then I had to explain that we were on exchanges. Small world, right?
I might've had my most exotic food yet this week!
Here is how you make it.
First, a fresh hard taco shell.
Second, some cooked spaghetti noddles with a little bit of sauce.
Third, spoon the spaghetti into the taco shell.
Fourth, sprinkle cheese on top.
Fifth, eat it.
Spaghetti Tacos.
And... For dessert we had mint Oreo truffles- yum! Way fattie, but yum!!
For district meeting this week, we were asked to bring a picture of our family. (Technically it was Sister Hyatt's idea but I don't think Elder Parker will admit that.). I love showing off my family! The topic was connecting the Book of Mormon with Temples with families. I showed 2 pictures- one from Virginia with all of us in a row that Sister Beatty took around the time that Janae was married. I always keep that one with me so that if it comes up with someone (in a lesson or random on the street) I can show them. It is a great ice breaker and you might be surprised how it brings the Spirit. I carry it with me because that was one of the first things I learned from Sister Hyatt. The other one I showed from my iPad of Sean, Cameron, Braydon, Candon, Rowen, and Beckett with their Batman shirts on. It is hard for me to talk about family and not mention and show off my nephews!
The Women's Conference was so good! We carpooled with some other ladies from the ward. There was a pie social at the Stake Center beforehand and it was good to not only meet a couple new people but also see others we knew , including the Sisters that are leaving.
The theme of Temples was awesome and my thoughts often returned to the Philadelphia temple being built; "As temples are built and prepared for he people, so should the people prepare for the temple" (quoted by Sister Burton who was resulting it from Elder Nelson). The theme of covenants was also there which is neat because that was an overarching theme of last year's broadcast. I also loved the quote about God's blessings are like rain- do we have our umbrellas up or down?
Oooo so excited for General Conference!! I have written down a couple of questions but feel like there is still another question I need to be asking. Yes, please encourage Braydon to write down a question! I promise Conference will be more meaningful and he will pay attention better. What are your plans? Inviting the missionaries to watch? Going to the church? Bingo with candy corn?
Here is a link for you:
If you've seen it or watch it this week, will you let me know your thoughts?
Just watched is again- so so good!
To send some lovings from New Jersey: here is how they talk!
Idear-> idea
Werter-> water
Yous-> you
Warshing-> washing
Pocketbook-> purse
Fusstrated-> frustrated
Rad-e-a-dar-> radiator
Answer to the joke from last week:
The reader! The lion knows that writer's cramp and reader's digest.
Sending my smile and my love!
Have a great week!!!!
Sister Hanson
PS I am staying and so is Sister Hyatt :)
No comments:
Post a Comment