What a great week! Boy did it fly by!
Thursday was an early morning- 5:40. I guess compared to getting up
for seminary that's not too bad. We had a leadership council and
Elder Wilford Andersen directed most of it.
One thing that stood out to me the most while he spoke was about the
pride cycle. He drew a picture on the board.
Pride (at the top)-> Offending Spirit-> Failure-> Humble (at the
bottom)-> Invites Spirit-> Success-> back to Pride at the top
There are 2 times in which anyone can exit the cycle. Where would
those 2 points of exit be?
They would be at Failure and Success. We have the choice. At
Failure, we can choose to be Angry. At Success, we can choose to be
grateful. Then the cycle ends and it is a line. One line that leads
to misery and the other that leads to happiness.
After the leadership portion, a few Zones had their tour time and we
stayed in Broomall to weekly plan. While there, I saw so many
friends! Sister Shaia, Sister Bettilyon, Sister Whitaker, Sister
Sagers, and Sister Beames. Plus seeing and being with Sister
Hyatt.... I saw 6/8 companions, including from the MTC! Sister
Whitaker and Sister Beames go home in a couple weeks, so it was good
to see them 'one more time.'
On Friday was our Zone's Mission Tour day! We drove to Philly and boy
were these two days long ones! I can't imagine how the Andersens and
Andersons felt!
Our Woodstown district had the pleasure of singing! We sang a medley
of "I lived in Heaven/ Families can be Together Forever".
We, all the missionaries in the two wards (Elder Marse, Bloomfield,
Curtis, Eves (he played the piano), Sister Reyes, Aguilar, Hyatt and
I) plus a random guy, had the pleasure of performing a musical number
in the Landis Spanish Branch yesterday. We sang "Siento el amor de mi
Salvador". It was fun! We have been practicing almost every day and
we have sang it in English a few times so that we know a.) what we
are singing and b.) we can better bear testimony while singing.
Anyone know what song it was?
Last night we watched the CES devotional at the Helriegel's home. We
were hoping for more YSA, but oh well. Elder D. Todd Christofferson
spoke!
This week was a great prep week for General Conference! I can't wait!
I love conference! It is like a holiday for me.
You can bring it up in conversations:
"What are your plans for this weekend?"--> I am going to prepare for a
worldwide broadcast coming up here Ina couple of weeks. Or--> Usually
we have our usually Sunday worship but this Saturday and Sunday we
have a worldwide broadcast (or the biggest Women's Organization
Conference). Anyone can watch it!
"September is almost over; can you believe it?"--> Ah! General
Conference is right around the corner. (What's General Conference?
Oh, silly me, I forgot you don't know what that is. Let me tell you
and invite you to watch it with my family. It's fun because we
usually play bingo with treats!)
"I love fall. Don't you?"--> Yes I do! Not only the cooler weather
and leaves changing colors but the holidays; General Conference,
Halloween, and Thanksgiving.
"I don't look forward to October." --> What! I love October because
right from the start we get a spiritual boost with the opportunity to
hear from our living prophet on the earth today; he is kind of like
Noah and Moses of the Old Testament. Neat, right?
Or there is always posting things about it on Facebook!
I think the days of teaching Danny Lewis are dwindling. He isn't
keeping his commitments like he used to and I think he is easily
swayed. We didn't get to see Selena at all this week! A couple times
she wasn't home and another time her dad wouldn't let us see her.
Our focus this week was new investigators. We found a few, Shanika
and her family (we had a mini family home evening this past week and
will have another on tonight) and Clifford Williams (a traveling
preacher and he has to church three times now). I am not sure how far
any of them will do but everyone deserves a chance. Plus it could
lead for a way for them to accept more readily in the future. We
shall see!
Please do not forget:
I LOVE YOU!!!!
To infinity and beyond!!
Sister Hanson
No comments:
Post a Comment