This first email I wrote throughout the end of the week during
studies. It is sorta preachy and I didn't want it to be "my weekly
email".
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
As I have been pondering this week about how I could help my family
and friends, one principle stands out more than others. Something
that has been on my mind this week is the heed the commandments to
read and pray everyday.
CONTINUALLY "But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to
the ministry of the word." Acts 6:4
"Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart
pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard." 2
Nephi 4:16
"Therefore, after Alma having established the church at Sidom, seeing
a great check, yea, seeing that the people were checked as to the
pride of their hearts, and began to humble themselves before God, and
began to assemble themselves together at their sanctuaries to worship
God before the altar, watching and praying continually, that they
might be delivered from Satan, and from death, and from destruction."
Alma 15:17
FEAST "Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in
Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of
all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word
of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye
shall have eternal life." 2 Nephi 31:20
I honestly don't know if I can stress enough the importance of
praying, reading, pondering, and doing good every single day. I don't
want any of you to fall. I desire for you all to be grasping to the
iron rod with me, side by side.
Sister Hyatt and I were talking and she shared with me that someone
she knows has a sister who got into some new anti material and has now
taken her family away from Christ's church and is trying to do so to
her other family members. This friend is a missionary here in the PPM
and her sister that has now left the church was a returned missionary.
Yuck!
A virus.
If a sickness hits our bodies, if our immune system is up, we will be
healed or not majorly harmed. In order for our immune system to be
strong in the first place, we need to be eating healthy and
exercising, taking care of our bodies daily.
Was this sister reading her scriptures and praying every day?
I don't know the answer but I can guess that she was not. Her
foundation had been cracking.
“… I must testify of the blessings of daily scripture study and prayer
and weekly family home evening. These are the very practices that help
take away stress, give direction to our lives, and add protection to
our homes.” Linda S. Reeves
April 2014 Conference
Always remember: A Testimony has a short shelf life.
Here's a statement by the Prophet Joseph Smith (while looking through
the manual about the book of Revelations):
“It is a false idea that the Saints will escape all the judgments,
whilst the wicked suffer; for all flesh is subject to suffer, and ‘the
righteous shall hardly escape;’ still many of the Saints will escape,
for the just shall live by faith; yet many of the righteous shall fall
a prey to disease, to pestilence, etc., by reason of the weakness of
the flesh, and yet be saved in the Kingdom of God” (History of the
Church, 4:11).
No comments:
Post a Comment