I want to brag about the Stretch family a little bit!
We had a lesson at their house at the beginning of this week and
Brother and Sister Stretch informed us that they were asked to have a
calling. Sister Stretch to be a visiting teaching supervisor and
Brother Stretch to be a ward missionary. Then the other day at
another lesson, Sister Stretch vocalized that she is nervous! How
cute! We read through in the handbook about her calling and it gave
her a little more comfort. Al in all, she is just afraid she is going
to mess up. Brother Stretch said he is a littler nervous but he was
focusing outward in comforting his wife. Brother Stretch told us a
story about how he picked up a hitchhiker this week. Doing so, he
invited him to come to church! Further more, Yonnie and Tristan are
great siblings that love each other! They love sitting next to each
other in the one class they have together. Yonnie also has been
getting out of class early because of her recent knew surgery and she
goes to pick up Tristan from his class and walk him to his next one.
He is a freshman. He is also opening up more to us and talking more!
At this past lesson, Yonnie told us that she had a dream about getting
up and bearing her testimony and she woke up and kept thinking over
and over what she would say. In our lesson, we read 1 Nephi 8, about
the tree of life. Yonnie shared her testimony yesterday! She did
amazing and shared some verses from 1 Nephi 8 and about how we all
should bear our testimonies. Brother Stanley passed me a note that
said, "She needs to go on a mission." Amen.
Zone training! Sister Hyatt and I decided to teach on PERSPECTIVE.
As everything in life, you have choices. Take the middle of the word: SPECT.
You can either be A.) a spectator or B.) a spectacle. One meaning you
are on the sidelines watching and the other meaning you are a part of
it (or in glasses terms actively being worn). Who are you? Where are
you? We read from Luke 11: 9: 57- 62. These three guys desire to
follow Christ but give some excuses. What excuses do we give? The
last verse says, "And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand
to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."
We also watched the Mormon message "Look Not Behind Thee" which is
technically about New Years but it tells the story about Lot's wife
turning into a pillar of sand and what we can all learn from that
incident.
I know that if we are focused and move forward with an eye single to
glory of God, regardless of our past, we will succeed!
To end, we had a food visual- yay! Who wants a bowl of Rice Krispy
cereal? Who would want some marshmallows? Both really great and
yummy, right? But who wants the butter?
Who then wants Rice Krispy treats? The butter is the work. We have
to work for our treat/ reward of the celestial kingdom or even short
term rewards and blessings now.
It was fun! I enjoyed teaching them.
Sister Hyatt and I had the absolute pleasure to be in primary
yesterday! We also were able to do my favorite thing- Singing time!
We played a game with them! One kid hid an object (a butterfly that
Sister Hyatt found for me a while,back and I kept it in my bag. It
was good because we needed an object!) and another kid went out to the
hall and would find the hidden object. The rest of the group would
sing quiet when they were further away and got louder the warmer they
got. They seemed to have fun! I found this poem about singing time
and thought it was cute.
Singing Time
BY CYNTHIA RAKES BOWDEN
"We sing about the pioneers,
Popcorn popping, falling snow,
Autumn days, and happy feet,
Heads and shoulders, knees and toes,
Stories in the Book of Mormon,
Grandmas, grandpas, family trees,
Temples, tithing, chapel doors,
Faith, and friends, and family.
We sing about the Savior
And His mission here on earth—
The songs help me remember Him
At home and school and church.
I know that I’m a child of God
And think He must be pleased
When I try with all my heart
To sing in Primary!"
Check this out! Why I like to send you links all the time, I don't
really know....
But anyway, I love President Uchtdorf. Temples rock. BYU is semi
pretty good. The truest reason is because of Studio C and I know you
all love them!
https://www.lds.org/church/
Are you excited for this upcoming week? I am! We have a leadership
meeting and Mission Tour with Elder Anderson of the seventy!! Plus
exchanges. Plus regular proselyting fun!
Hope your week is great! It will only be as great as you want it to
be! I know it is all in the attitude!
I LOVE YOU.
Sister Hanson
No comments:
Post a Comment