"Hello Seattle, I am an old lighthouse
Throwing beams of bright lights
Red in the morning, blue in the evening sun
Taking heed from everyone" -Owl City
Dylan ca
On Friday, he and I went on a double date with Tiana and Reilly. We went to Lake Wilderness where we took pictures by the lake and at the park. Then, we came back home to my mom's delicious bar- b- q chicken tacos. Mmm mmm!! Following dinner, we merged into a triple date where my mom and dad joined us for a movie- "Love Happens." I agree with most critics and would rate the movie a C. It was cute but overall not one I would want to watch over and over like "You've Got Mail" or "Pride and Prejudice."
Then on Saturday, we spent the day in downtown Seattle. My family had just previously went on President's Day, but this time was better. One, Dylan (Bien sur!) and two, because we didn't have kids complaining around us. I still wouldn't eat fish..... Mom says it is because of the smell.... Who could blame me? I did drop my camera, though, which was a total downer, and it wouldn't close all the way when it turned off. But I am most pleased to say that it closed all the way today!! (Must mean that Heavenly Father doesn't need me to get a new one anytime soon. Darn.) We also went to the Seattle temple. As always, it was a beautiful sight filled with happy and peaceful feelings.
Sunday we went to church and he met people he may never meet again, but on the chance that he might, who's to say when or if they will remember each other. We hung around the house and Dylan experienced his second family home evening. Hopefully I will be there to experience more with him ;)
Monday morning.... went by so fast. Dylan went to his first seminary, where we studied Alma 23. Then we cuddled on the couch until it was time to depart for the airport. Who doesn't love cuddling?? Sigh....
Can't wait for the next visit- me there or him here; doesn't matter <3
**Random, but didn't want to make a new post- I got into BYU-Idaho!!!!!!!!*
Sounds like a great weekend! And congrats on getting in to BYU-Idaho! I'm excited to see all of you this summer.
ReplyDeleteHooray! Congrats to you Shaelyn. I'll be looking forward to cuddling on the couch with you this summer. LOL! And I fully expect the same grand tour of seattly in June.
ReplyDeleteI don't think she will hold your hand through the tour though Misti;)
ReplyDeleteI am glad you had fun and soooo excited that you made it into BYUI!!!!
(and yes, I noticed you changed your blog. Any particular reason, or just experimenting like I am? speaking of - what do you think of mine as it is now? Did you like it better the way it was before?)