Wednesday, November 24, 2010

6th Grade

So Janae is teaching a 6th grade class for a paying internship.  This will finish off her senior year!!  I had the great opportunity to go with her to class.  The students asked who I was.  Jane said her sister.  They asked who was older.  Janae said who do you think?  They said me... really funny.  And to think I look younger than Tiana. (Tangent: So that would make Janae looking the youngest, Tiana the oldest, and me in the middle??  Works out for me hahaha.)

Wow, sixth grade seems like so long ago; about 8 years ago!!  I remember feeling so grown up.   (These kids are still really young.  I wonder if it makes a difference with them have 6th grade in elementary school whereas it was the start of middle school for me.)



Sixth grade work is hard!!
Still rather do that than college work though.

Janae handed out this sheet that had 12 tasks on it relating to fall, Thanksgiving, and work.  It was really interesting!!  I did all the tasks except for one and a half.  Some things were "List 10 ways to mash a potato.  Be creative."; "Make a recipe for happiness."; "Name all 50 states."; "Write 10 math problems that equal 20."; "How many national parks are there?  Which one is closest to your house?"; "Draw a picture of the perfect classroom and 10 words that describe it."; "Draw a picture for worry, excitement, anger, and joy."

No comments:

Post a Comment