My eyes have truly been widened while doing this Disney program. The world is a wild wonderland. Soooo many people party, drink underage, curse, have an attraction for someone of the same gender, and have no moral standing. Yes I knew this is what "the world" is like but I now see how big of a problem it really is. Being here is outside my BYUI/ church community bubble.
It is as jaw dropping to me as it was for Dorothy- "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."
And I'm ready to go home! [to some extent ;) ]
Trying to put this in perspective, this is how it'll be when I enter any work place or transfer schools. I'm not going to lie, it is hard to call people out on it because I figure they won't change because of something I say. Now they might, but the chances are slim. I will be blamed if I stay quiet nonetheless. I know what I stand for and what I believe in and I am not ashamed. It does make me sad that soooo many young people get caught up in this.
Remember who you are.
No comments:
Post a Comment