The Provo library hosted another author. Shannon Hale came!!
The two books of hers that I have read are "Princess Academy and "Goose Girl". I am currently reading the sequel to "Goose Girl" which is "Enna Burning."
I liked "Princess Academy" the most. For some reason, I highly disliked "Goose Girl" except for the last 4, maybe 5 chapters of the book.
She was a great speaker and a thrill to listen to. Some key things I learned from her was that it is important for people to read and to get kids to read at an early age. Kids are more likely to read if you have books on your shelves available for them. It is important for your kids to see you read and for you to read to them (out loud- even if they are old enough to read by themselves). Picture books are not bad! It helps your imagination. Shannon Hale has a rule in her house that she and her husband will always answer "yes" if their kids ask to read a book- bedtime does have its book number limits, though. If you want to be a writer, write everyday; no matter how small.
This is a compilation of Shannon's rejection letters.
She was happy to show us. These got her to where she is today!
She will continue writing books and she just had a movie made for her first Austenland book. She was highly involved in the movie making because she wrote the script; rare for authors. It has only been premiered at Sundance. We shall see where it goes from there.
Thanks Janae for letting me join you!! I had a lot of fun!!
We are all princesses/ princes!!

No comments:
Post a Comment