Wednesday, August 7, 2013

August 5, 2013

 Transfer Week!!

Hey family!
So transfer calls came on Friday night.  My District Leader called and said, "This is kinds strange but Sister Whitaker, Elder Flake, and I (Elder Archibald) are staying and the other 3 are leaving..."  Ummm that is all the trainers staying and us goldens leaving...  In the next 10 seconds my mind jumped back and forth between 'this has to be a joke' and 'what did us newbies do wrong?'
 
 He was in fact joking.  We are all staying!  Which doesn't surprise any of us.  He relayed the same message that the zone leaders did to him. 
 
But...
Our Mission President, President Anderson, called Sister Whitaker and I Saturday morning.  "Oh no," we both thought, especially when he starts the conversation with "You know, we have really been fasting and praying about these transfers."  This is his first one and I could see him saying that he made a mistake and the Lord has told him to make changes to what our zone and district leaders has told us the previous night.  But, that was not it.  He has asked us both to be trainers and if we would accept that call.  He said that they only call the best of the best to be trainers- I'm not even fully done being trained!  I have 6 more weeks of "training."  This is an honor and a compliment to me as well as for Sister Whitaker.  If you haven't put two and two together yet, we will both be trainers meaning we are getting a golden which means... we will be in a trio!  The Service Elders brought a mattress and mattress box over Saturday evening for the new Sister.  I am giving her my bed, though, just so she can feel more at home being up higher on a 'real' bed.  We have been praying super hard for our new Sister and being able to work in a trio!  Ahhh!
 
I am glad to hear that all is well!  How many more weeks does Braydon have for swimming lessons?  Tell Cameron congrats on all his badges!  Tell Sean to have fun this week and to remember who he is!  Do all the boys fly up that day or is that him coming home early? If early, when the other boys come up, are they just driving back?  What do they usually do for High Adventure camp?  Girls Camp will be fun; especially you both getting to go down!  What is the theme this year for our stake?  You will be going down to Utah soon- when?
 
I have been thinking so much about the temple these past few days.  I really miss going!  I can't wait to see the new video!
 
The weather here has been PERFECT!  high 70s and 80s and little to no humidity!  I do not know how long it will last but I will take it any day, especially for August; the people here can't believe it!
 
So we had a baptism this week!  It is a long story but to make it short, an 11 year old girl's records were lost or input wrong or something and she needed to be baptized again.  We were called late Thursday night about this from one of our ward clerks and for the past 6 months he had been trying to get ahold of who baptized her and the witnesses.  No luck and the ward has split since then.  We taught her all the lessons in a hour on Friday- she was a rockstar and could have taught us.  Had her interview on Saturday and was baptized and confirmed yesterday after church at other boy's baptism (who was 8).  I have never ever heard of this happening before!  Crazy!  Also, super sad way to get numbers.
 
Writing letters to you individually was no big deal!  It will not happen a lot so take them as they come!  We can only write on Pdays and we pretty much reserve our 10am to 6pm to write (emails and letters), do laundry, grocery shop, clean the car, and nap- so we have time :)
I love you all so very very much!
Enjoy your week!!
 
 These 2 pictures are for the primary kids. 
They get to move when they invite someone to church, scouts, activity days, or do something nice for nonmembers!
 
 
 This phone reminds her of  her Grandma Quinn! 
(Leonard's Mom)
 
 
 
 


  Aug 5, 2013
 For the Boys

I over heard a couple of boys from our ward talk about Doctor Who.  I knew before leaving for my mission that Matt Smith (my fav doctor) is leaving.  I guess his last episode will be the Christmas one.
But the boys said that the new Doctor, number 12, was announced yesterday.
 
I love you boys!
Don't fight!
Don't give mom and day a hard time!
Laugh everyday!
Sister Hanson







No comments:

Post a Comment