Hey howdy hey y'all!! You would think I was serving in the south or something!
Can you believe it will be May this week! Crrrazy!!
Physical aching from T25!! Hoorah!! No pain. No gain.
Oh gosh how could I forget about Tuesday!! Absolutely crrrrazy day. Elder Jones thought we had died. No joke. He told us he called the police, hospitals, highway patrols, anyone he could think of all in the course of not getting ahold of us for a period of 3 hours. Yikes! I know he worries with his calling of cars and it something had really happened I would have been most grateful. Instead I was highly embarrassed- I can't even explain how highly. Here is a brief summary of what I told President:
Around 11:30am we went tracting. It was warm and so I left my jacket in the car, which the phone was in my pocket.
First missed call from Elder Jones was around 11:45am.
After tracting we went to a member's house, Sister Rothey, and she invited us to go to lunch with her and so she drove us to go out to eat, still forgetting about the phone in my pocket-- couple more missed calls during that time. After lunch, coming back to her house, her neighbor came over. She introduced us and we chatted for a bit. Got in the car to go and it is about2:45. Called Elder Jones. Called President. Over the course of 3 hours.
Here is what it really came down to, I think. a.) We asked Elder Jones when we should bring the car down and he said anytime. We planned on being there about 2:30. We ran a little late for that time but again we figured it didn't matter because no time was given to be there. After the fact, we find out that they were expecting us there first thing in the morning- which is when we made sure to be there the following day. b.) We should always keep the phone on us in case of emergencys like this. It was my fault for not having the phone.
I sincerely apologized for the inconvenience, drama, and worry. I believe I have learned my lesson.
Around 11:30am we went tracting. It was warm and so I left my jacket in the car, which the phone was in my pocket.
First missed call from Elder Jones was around 11:45am.
After tracting we went to a member's house, Sister Rothey, and she invited us to go to lunch with her and so she drove us to go out to eat, still forgetting about the phone in my pocket-- couple more missed calls during that time. After lunch, coming back to her house, her neighbor came over. She introduced us and we chatted for a bit. Got in the car to go and it is about2:45. Called Elder Jones. Called President. Over the course of 3 hours.
Here is what it really came down to, I think. a.) We asked Elder Jones when we should bring the car down and he said anytime. We planned on being there about 2:30. We ran a little late for that time but again we figured it didn't matter because no time was given to be there. After the fact, we find out that they were expecting us there first thing in the morning- which is when we made sure to be there the following day. b.) We should always keep the phone on us in case of emergencys like this. It was my fault for not having the phone.
I sincerely apologized for the inconvenience, drama, and worry. I believe I have learned my lesson.
Worry warts- reminds me a little of someone I know. :)
On Wednesday, actually got the car front bumper fixed up and afterwards we met with our Relief Society President and discussed the women in our ward and she gave us several more names that would could go see, which is great! One lady that came up, who has been our mind the past 2 transfers and we tried setting something up with her last transfer but she never got back to us, she passed away Sunday morning. I only met her once and I have a great love for her. Isn't it such an amazing thing to know we can have a deep connection and love for people, not even knowing them for that long or very well? I know she is out of the physical pain she was in and even the emotional pain of missing one of her daughters, of whom she is now reunited with. Then our Sister Training Leaders came and doubled us in- not too exciting. I highly dislike exchanges. Maybe one day when I am Really struggling with my companion I will come to love exchanges. That is one huge reason why I couldn't be a Sister Trainer- they go on so many exchanges!!!!
As much as I love the iPads, mine has been driving me bonkers this week!! :)
Femi received the Priesthood yesterday!! When we Skyped this week and asked him how he was feeling, he said he could feel the Holy Ghost more in his life and he knows that this is real! He was so excited to receive the Priesthood. Despite his trials, he is continuing well!! Femi's families' visas were denied again and he is having a really rough time. Please keep him in your prayers. Paul Scott from Harrington hasn't been going to church- please pray for him as well.
So in an email to President Anderson two weeks ago, I expressed to him my concerns for having no one to teach. He told me to talk to the ward council and ask them for 5 referrals each and see what happens! I told him I would give it a try but with a little hesitancy. When the Sister Trainers doubled in this week, the Sister I was with told me she looked forward to seeing how this would turn out. Well, I wish I could say something marvelous and miraculous has come out of it, but it hasn't- at least not yet. I only got a couple of nods. When I was finished, I was grateful to the Bishop for reiterating what I had said and committed to continuing his praying for people this week. I told President today and in another reply to last week's email, he said he talked with the stake president about increasing finding in the wards. I hope and pray that before I go home, I will have a week where we are constantly busy with teaching, from appointment to appointment.
A little while back at our stake conference, Elder Robbins talked about the word hasten. Scripture verse after scripture verse, it talked about how the Lord's work should not be done quickly! We all thought that was pretty funny/ interesting. But then a scripture said He will Hasten His work in His time. Another then said, the time is now. I thought about it and I know the time is now. We don't have time to wait or gradually prepare ourselves for that time because the time is already here, in the present.
2 More weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Senior couple, Elder and Sister Smuin. They are leaving in a couple of weeks!
Service with a smile!!





No comments:
Post a Comment