study and I decide to play the piano for our opening song together and
then we saw a Rogers and Hammerstein book about their plays and Sister
Beames started singing "Oklahoma!" And now I have it stuck in my head!
This was so great!! On Tuesday, we came in a little after 9 that
night and caught most of the broadcast. I watched what we had missed
this morning during breakfast. I really want the boys to watch it if
they haven't yet. I think this will help encourage hem to serve
missions. I know I felt the Spirit as I listened to David speak and
sing. https://www.lds.org/youth/
On Thursday, we had a bar b q as a going away celebration for someone
in our ward. The family and friends were enjoying the pool as well.
As we gave our message, people threatened pushing us in the pool and
saying we were so vulnerable. As a I hugged a gal from our ward, she
slightly nudged me as if to let me know how much power she had in
pushing me in. Sister Beames on the other hand, went to give her a
hug and the gal hugged her and pretty much had her over the water but
without letting go. She said that if only the Bishop weren't here
then she would push her in. Then the bishop.... Bishop Cook... Says,
"I don't care." Without even being able to blink after that comment,
Sister Beames was in the pool.
Now I am only telling you this because Sister Beames is telling her
family hahaha. I would've taken a picture of her in the pool,but I
thought she would've been mad, so I didn't. But now she wishes in had
taken one. Oh well! Also, we had an appointment in 15 minutes which
was going to be driving time and instead we had to go back home and
change and thus we were late. Luckily our member could still go with
us and out investigator, Danny, is really flexible.
We held he first ever Stretch Family FHE and it was AWESOME! We
implemented a gratitude journal too :)
Has anyone heard of the story of the alien for teaching people their vowels?
Well, Sister Beames' grandma told her this and she decided to share it
with Danny, who we are helping teach to read and he is getting better
every week. When she first told it, I was only half listening because
I was entertaining Danny's son, Logan. It kind of went over Danny's
head and so Sister Beames told him to imagine me as the alien and my
name is AE. She calls out to the Alien, "I owe you/ I O U." And then
I said "What?" Sister Beames gave me a quizzical look and then I
reviewed the vowels in my head... A E I O U and sometimes... Oh!
"Why? Y?" There we go! Hahaha!
At a different lesson of his this week, a member brought Hooked on
Phonics and it brought back a lot of childhood memories!!
Pretty much all day Friday was our mission leadership training and
council in Broomall.
Dad, a couple weeks ago on exchanges, I learned about this instrument
that can help with sleep apnea, or so the individual said. It is
called a Dijeredoo; at least that is how I think you spell it. You
should research it!
Also, I have to admit I am not doing as well on my cutting out sweets
and I would like and as well as I did the first week of June. I am
still eating less than I would if I weren't trying to be healthier.
Thus, if you give in an inch, it make grow in the wrong direction a
acouple inches more than you would like.
This article is great too! It was mainly written by Sister
Tarasevich, whom we live with! Check it out:
https://www.lds.org/liahona/
Remember me taking about our Stake President last week, President
Sikahema? Well he is mentioned in this article! Also a really great
one and increases my love of the Philadelphia temple!!
https://www.lds.org/ensign/
I am so grateful to be living in the United States. Even though at
times, I wish our country was different and changed for the better, I
know that we can continually road for the leaders of our country as
well as the citizens to exercise their agency for the better and best.
I love that we have so many freedoms. As I read the Book of Mormon,
is neat to continually learn about the prophesies of this country and
know that it is a promised land. I am grateful for men and women that
work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country as well. I know
God's covenant is still valid- as long as we keep the commandments, we
shall prosper in the land.
Happy Fourth of July everyone!
With lots of love,
Sister Hanson
No comments:
Post a Comment