Monday, July 14, 2014

Spanish, Skating, and Dinosaurs=Random?!

We have a wonderful new week ahead of us all!

I am doing well.  We have a few new Sisters that we are over who have
been transferred over here, including 2 doubled in Spanish Sisters!
They were called as English but President reassigned them.  This is
the first time, as far as I know, that we have Spanish Sisters now in
the mission.
We saw President this week at a YSA Rescue Kick- off for half of the
Stake.  He saw my name tag and said, "Woah I thought your tag said
Hermana at first."  Then I said, "Oh are you foreseeing something?"
Hahaha.  I don't think I will be reassigned.  Nevertheless, it was
funny.

One if the new Spanish Sisters we are over is a past companion of
Sister Beames and Sister Beames absolutely adores her.  As soon as she
found out Tuesday that she was serving here, she shouted for joy and I
felt divided and pushed to the side a little bit.  It's been a tough
week and I was so so happy to go on exchanges Friday to Saturday.  It
was a.) muchly needed on both companionship ends b.) I went with
Sister Daniels and I have been wanting to serve with her because I
know so much about her and yet not at the same time.  She served with
Sister Whitaker in the MTC and with Sister Clark in Philly.
Couple updates: Sister Davis went home a couple weeks ago due to
health.  Sister Clark is training!  Due to an investigator Sister
Clark and I found in Harrington who has been stalking the Sisters...
The Sisters in Harrington were doubled out and now there are Elders
there. Boo.  Sister Surdukowski said it is a good change, though.

I have done a really bad job writing in my journal this week, for one
reason and another.  No reminder help for what happened this week.

Saturday evening, we went skating/ roller blading with the Stretch
family for a Family Home Evening.  It was a blast!  Evelyn's mom came
along and I think that helped her trust us and get to know us better,
too.  Evelyn's aunt is Mormon!  (Her mom's sister! And neither of them
had any idea until the past couple of weeks!)  She is a less active in
our ward, too.  She told Evelyn that she wants to try and come back
and hasn't been back due to health.  I can't remember if I told you
that already.  Sorry if I did!

Last night we went over to a less active gal's house and she was doing
yard work and we helped her.  In the process, I got about 12 bug
bites!  Sister Beames got bit earlier in the week and they seem to be
worse, so I can't complain.  Anyway, we were discussing later on about
dinosaurs and the gospel- pretty interesting.  She challenged us to
find a scripture that talked about it.  Sister Beams said maybe
'cureloms and cumoms' from Ether 9:19 are dinosaurs.  I just searched
it in the Gospel Library and things popped up with 'my favorite
dinosaur book' and 'when I was a Beehive, back when dinosaurs roamed
the Earth'.  Hahaha!  I asked her to find something and she could
Google it.  Doing so, she found something on fairmormon.org with the
question "How do dinosaurs fit in God's plan?"  One possible answer
was that God made our Earth from other matter- possibly other planets
or atmosphere where dinosaurs maybe lived and the bones were in that
matter.  Hmmm, I had never thought about that possibility before.
Nonetheless, there are different possibilities but the bottom line is:
We do not have a solid answer and it does not affect our happiness or
salvation and so, it doesn't matter.

I love you all!  Keep your chins up and Keep moving forward!
Firm. Undaunted. Obedient. Teach. Trust. PPM.
Sister Hanson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment