Monday, August 4, 2014

I love you!!!

Have you told someone today that you loved them?  Guess what?  The day
is not over- you should do it!  In fact, we should all do it every
day!
Life is so good and it makes it all the more greater when you express
your love and gratitude.  Plus, Sister Beames and I have found that
expressing such softens hearts.

On Thursday, we had Zone Training.  We went to the other Cherry Hill
Zone because we are over the Sisters there as well and we are supposed
to switch back and forth from month to month.  Anyway, it was so
great!  The first big chunk of the training was on obedience.  I
shared an article I had read in this month's Ensign, the First
Presidency by President Uchtdorf.  A gal works in customer service for
a seed company.  Each time someone calls, the company needs to improve
the instructions as to how to plant a seed.  Now, planting a seed
seems like it is straight forward.  Plus, it's God's law and can't be
changed.  Same goes for rules and commandments- they are given to us
and at times more clarity and instructions are needed because we
aren't just getting it.  The commandments don't change or become more
strict.  When the clarity and instructions are given, we may feel they
are new commandments but they aren't.  We then applied these to the
mission white handbook.  President Anderson may come out with what may
seem like new mission rules but they aren't; they are the rules
already written out and what God has given.
https://www.lds.org/liahona/2014/08/gods-harvest?cid=HPFR080114373&lang=eng

Sister Beames' and my assignment was to teach on companionship unity.
We first did an obstacle course in the gym where they had to tie their
ankles together with their companions!  That was fun!  The first part
was going through chairs, over and under tables, then shooting a
basket, split a Cadbury egg or jelly bean and then finally find a
scripture mastery. Not hen we talked about 3 important parts in
relationships- Communication, Humor, and Pride.
The missionaries had excellent input and insights and they helped for
a more Spirit filled learning environment.  I love teaching!  I also
have come to know the importance of student participation.

We had two exchanges is week.  I stayed here all week and both times I
had Goldens come here.  It was great!  They are too completely
different sisters and it was neat to see those differences.  After
all, we are all different.  God loves us all the way we are.  He sees
our potential and that we can be even better, every day.  I love both
of these sisters and I put myself back when I had only been out for a
month.  It's strange to think how fast time has gone.
The Tarasevich's granddaughter, Ali, reports to the MTC Wednesday.
Her farewell was Saturday and then we had out usual Sunday dinner with
them and the Sheetz (Tarasevich's daughter and son in law, so Ali's
parents).  We went around the table, first saying everything we loved
about Sister Tarasevich for her birthday and then a piece of mission
advice for Ali.

During the week, I dyed Sister Beames' hair.  Red to a darker red.
Different but it looks good!  Everyone notices.

For pday today, after our long and much needed nap, Sister Beames dyed
my hair!  Well... The solution was purple and it even smelled like
grape... It turned red!  It was supposed to be "golden brown".  It's
just red on top where more dye is and will fade over the next couple
of days and then the underneath looks like what my hair color was.
Hair dye and me just don't go together.  Then we cleaned and got
groceries.  Now we are having movie time while eating pizza and
popcorn.  We first end watched "The John Tanner Story" and now we are
watching "Together Forever".  Not much planned for the rest of the
day, just stop bys in hope to teach a lesson or find a new
investigator or two!

I love you all so much.  Words cannot express.  Love is one of the
greatest characteristics to have.  I was thinking about Christ's love
yesterday morning.  The two greatest commandments, loving The Lord
with all our heart, might, mind, and strength and the other is to love
our neighbors as ourselves.  Those two things encompass EVERYTHING!

All my love,
Sister Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment