Monday, November 3, 2014

Chilly Chili

Monday night to Tuesday we exchanged with the Medford Sisters.  Sister Minert came here with me.  Things went pretty well.

That evening we had dinner at the Riveras.  They had soda and it's been a good amount of time since Sister Hyatt and I have had any soda.  And it was like 2 liters!  So much!  Well, Sister Hyatt very much dislikes soda and has been trying to be healthier this week.  When the husband offered me seconds, I said sure and pour some more into Sister Hyatt's cup as well.  She gave me the look.  Later on during dinner she thought she would be clever and swap cups.  Never fear, I noticed and swapped it back while she wasn't looking. Ha ha!

By this time of the week, our miles are killing us!  This week miles will kill us too right from the start because this week we are going up North to their Zone Training and companion swap with Woodstown for Sister Hyatt's temple trip and then for transfers next week.  And on and on.  In case you didn't know, we have a limited amount of miles per month.  I have never run out before until October and I will pray and cross my fingers for November. Brrrr it's cold and I do not want to walk if I do not have to!  Luckily Elder Jones is a pretty great guy and we are able to communicate with him if miles are an issue.

We had our ward harvest party!  Sister Hyatt was able to fins clothing of ours that look enough alike to pass off as twins.  While cooking corn bread for the Trunk or Treat, Sister Hyatt straightened my hair with Sister Stretch's hair straightener.  It was able to go up to 400 degrees!  The Stretch family drove us up and we sat with them.  Others enjoyed their costumes and asked to get pictures with them.  I think it helped them to feel loved.  On the off hand, Yonnie noticed that people were piling their plates with dessert and that there would not be enough for everyone.  She wondered how some people could be so inconsiderate.  I have noticed that before as well.  I know it doesn't just happen at church functions, but when it comes to dessert, humans can be animals.  Lance came to the Trunk or Treat as well as Sister Stretch's parents.  It was raining earlier that day so the Trunk or Treat was half inside and half outside.

For District Meeting the following day, Sister Hyatt and I dressed up as twins again.

Halloween. 😱 πŸŽƒ πŸ‘» We had Mission Leadership Council.  It went over well but I have been to better ones. We learned a little bit how to use Family History in finding/ teaching.  Remember how I asked for family information?  It was to fill out a "My Family" booklet for myself.  We were told to bring it.  Well... I do not know why because we did not use them at all.  Oh well.  I am happy with mine and am glad to have one.  We also learned about using the Book of Mormon more and using scripture phrases as we speak and teach.  They are the words of prophets and words of God and are full of power.  Here and there over the past couple of weeks, have been the thoughts of using scriptural terms or phrases or experiences while praying.  Why not more in teaching too?
For lunch they made hot dogs and chili.  A.) I do not care for hot dogs.  But I thought it was funny and called them "Haloweenies".  B.) Sister Hyatt and I are pretty much done with chili for a long, long time.  She says chili is huge in Texas, though.  I had chili at the Bishop's house a couple weeks ago.  Then it was served at the soup kitchen.  Then we had a chili cook off at our ward Trunk or Treat.  We thought we were going to have it at the Place's for family dinner because that's what Ed said we were going to have but we ended up having taco stew.  For a mini lunch after an RS meeting, they fed us chili.  (See meeting info below.) Nonetheless, chili is a good fall food. πŸƒ πŸ‚ 

This past weekend was a Stake Women's Auxiliary Training.  We are the Missionaries overseeing all the Sisters in the Stake.  The Relief Society President asked President Anderson if we could go and help with a training portion and he said yes.  It was a great privilege!  We carpooled up with our Relief Society Presidency.  It was fun!
For our training segment, we talked about our purpose as missionaries, the missionary schedule, how it is more productive to work with members for people to teach than tract, some ways that we can work together, we each shared a personal experience, and we had taken a poll from some of the missionaries in the stake "if they could ask or tell their Relief Society President anything, what would it be?" and listed those off.  In return, we asked them what they would have us relay.  There was a questions and answers segment.  Our Stake Relief Society President is so good and worked well with us, as I hope we worked well with her.

After the training, Carli had a Baby Sprinkle for her twin boys. (A sprinkle is smaller than a shower.  Same gender as before.  Mainly asking for diapers, wipes, and gift cards.) She is due at the beginning of December but will probably have then in the next week or two.  I had a lot of fun chatting and getting to know the members there more as well as visit with a few ladies who were not from the church.)

We had a lesson with Joell and her 3 little girls Saturday night and they ended up coming to church yesterday!  A focus for the mission has been getting investigators to church.  Once they come to the church for the first time, it is easier to come again.  Once they get in the habit of coming and know its importance, then they are more likely to progress and desire to make covenants with God.

This week is going to be one of the best yet!  Sister Hyatt and I are going to kick it for her last week!  Hooorah!


πŸ’Ÿ πŸ’ 😍 ❤️ πŸ’— πŸ’• πŸ’– πŸ’ž 
I LOVE YOU.
Sister Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment