4 major miracles this week:
- Tracy let us IN her house to teach her! It has always been on her front porch!
- First, I met Brother Lee (less active). He is super friendly! Then, he invited himself in to sit on Lance's lesson!
- We had received a media referral at the end of last week. We had a cancellation Monday night and decided to go see her. They did not seem happy to see us. When we asked if she had requested a Bible she said it was an accident. She said that our Bible is different than hers. I pull it out of my purse and say, "The King James Version? This one?" She told her granddaughter to go and fetch her Bible. As she opened up both books to compare, we talked about her family and the church she goes to. She invited us inside! Shortly we found out it was her birthday! We continue to talk and she opens up. Who we originally thought was angry, and then happy and solid in life, we soon discovered her sadness. Her parents had both passed away. Her mom's death was unexpected and every midnight on her birthday, her mom would called her. She missed that. We continued to talk and bear testimony and shared some of our favorite scriptures that related to the discussion. We had been there for an hour and we needed to go. I asked if we could sing to her for her birthday before we left. She said yes. Sister Steadman chose "I Stand All Amazed." She said we brightened her night and that we are welcome to come back. I love the Spirit! He softens hearts if they hearts allow themselves to be softened! The contrast from when she first opened the door to closing the door... So neat!
- Keysha had insurance approval for her surgery, which she totally didn't think would happen, and she said it was a sign from God that what we are telling her is true. (At our last lesson we had given her specific questions to ask in prayer and that was one of them.)
We had two exchanges this week. What is interesting is we originally planned for two but then for district meeting this week, the days were changed and so we had to cancel with one set of Sisters and reschedule and they picked this week! So then we were going to have 3! But then another set of Sisters cancelled because on was sick, so it went back to two. Crazy! They went well! I love working with other Sisters and get to know them better, plus be a listening ear when they need it.
Reading the Book of Mormon is so vital for conversion. Brother Williams, the 7th Day Adventist, still comes to church every Sunday but we had stopped going over because of pride. We decided to try again and this time read from the Book of Mormon with him because he doesn't really on his own, neither does he understand what it is still. We read 1 Nephi 1 and it was picked apart. He said he would have to reread it to understand. This will continue to be a challenge like none other I have had before. Thanks goodness for good, storing members that will come with us!
We were asked at the end of Ward Council to teach Gospel Principles. What?! Why not the Elders? Man, my attitude was not where it should have been even though that is something I have been trying to work on the most lately. Anyway, the lesson was on Scriptures. That was a plus. It is a great subject to talk about with the investigators we had in mind. Also, I had learned from Sister Hyatt just to talk! We didn't even cover everything and we went over. Great participation! We started by talking about the increased availability for scriptures, then asked people to share their favorite scriptures and they all related to one another (it was so cool!) and then wrote a timeline on the board of when each book was written when and what they are/ why they were written. Old Testament (BC). New Testament (AD). Book of Mormon (600 BC and 400 AD). Doctrine and Covenants (1830s). Pearl of Great Price (all of them! across the board- BC, AD, and 1830s). General Conference as continuing scripture.
Here is how to say sorry the right way
- recognize/ acknowledge what they did wrong
- why it is wrong
- in the future I will... (has to be something positive)
- will you please forgive me?
She asked everyone what they did in their families that helped them on the right path and with good patterns. I thought about Family Home Evening. Our teacher said she could not remember one lesson that was taught in FHE. I thought about ours. One lesson that always comes to my mind was from dad (I think) based on the talk "Good, Better, Best."
He made a chart of things we do and we had to check mark if it is something that is good, better, or best and then reevaluate if it fit how we were acting or placing it as priorities. Then to work on them that week.
One thing that I am grateful for is our bodies. I know they are precious gifts from God! Carli had her twins this week. What a blessing for us to come to Earth and have the experiences we do. Our senses! Sight, Sound, Smell, Taste, and Touch! Going further, our bodies try to heal ailments on their own. Some times they can, some times they can't. We do not have to think to breath or pump blood. Having a body allows us to be one step further to becoming like God.
Love you all so very much! Remember to work hard and Smile! :)
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
Sister Hanson
No comments:
Post a Comment